Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Portrait Series

Forever Live
 Artist Statement

I never knew what the real components of what a well taken picture was, now that I've experienced the chance to take this portrait series I've sought new techniques.  By changing the color of all four portraits, this gave my work a more "depth of feeling" look. Each portrait of the series creates some what of a story in just a few pictures. I thought that ending the series with "Live Forever" would give the story a significant moral. A lot of people don't see the opportunities in which are right in front of them. This portrait series can express how I myself view life and how everyone should indulge in the way we seek new things everyday and I think this is a good way to show encouragement.


2 comments:

  1. Tina, I love how this picture came out. I really like the bottom right corner photo where you hands read "Live Forever" across them. It made an awesome touch to the portraits. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the composition of this piece. Having all of the photos in the same orientation really fits well on the canvas. I love the color scheme that you choose to use. I really feel that your color scheme fits well with the tone of your photos because in the photos you are never really looking directly at the camera and I get a sense of how relaxed you are. By changing the color scheme to sepia I got a more relaxed feel from your photos. The color really gives a whole different feel to the portrait series compared to if you were to keep the photos in color. I feel that the photos really seem to speak to you. I love how you tied the theme being “live forever” on your hands in one of the photos. I feel like by adding the photo of your hands saying “live forever” you let the person viewing your photos know more about you. I love how your photos tell a story. Over all I think that it was very successful.

    ReplyDelete